Jacko's Journal

Chronicles of my return to life in Scotland after 34 years in Canada. While living and working in Edinburgh for 12 months, I expect to find many things to write about and hope to regale readers with stories of my adventures, experiences, observations and opinions. Responses are welcomed, encouraged and expected.

Name:
Location: New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

This blog started out as a way to record my return to live in my hometown of Edinburgh, Scotland in 2006 but serious illness and its after-effects forced a return to Canada in 2008 so I've had to give up the Scottish dream for awhile. Actually, I came back to Canada because my daughter was pregnant with her first child (my first grandchild) and I needed her emotional support to help me with recovery because I missed her so much.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Miscellany

1. You may have noticed little Google ads at the top of the page. This is because I signed up for Adsense, which means something relating to the content of my post will be advertised. Every click on an ad earns me a few cents, although I don't get a sniff of it until it reaches $100. It was something I thought worth trying in case anything becomes of it.

2. I'm always open to suggestions for content and have had some feedback by e-mail or in person about what people would like to read about. A recent request is for more stories about my family, my younger years in Edinburgh and what it was like to emigrate to Canada as an 18-year-old. I find my memory is triggered a lot these days by my surroundings, so you can expect to hear about some of the adventures I had when I lived here before.

3. Although not many people are leaving comments on this blog (it's not a very interactive blog really), I do love to hear from people by e-mail and really appreciate those of you who have written to tell me what you like and why. One of my new Scottish friends has even nominated this blog for an award in a local newspaper. Because of the positive comments I've received about my writing, I've now got the confidence to do what I've been talking about for years and submit some material for publication, starting with some local magazines. So thanks to all of you for your encouragement and for being interested enough in this to actually be impatient for the next instalment!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home